Screen Time gives you more control of your iPhone® or iPad®. When set up, Screen Time gives you the option to to disable Safari, AirDrop, the ability to install apps, and more!
Here's how to set up Screen Time on your device:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone® or iPad®.
- Select “Screen Time” and then tap “Turn On Screen Time.”
- A brief description of what Screen Time does will appear. Tap “Continue.”
- You will be asked whether you are setting the device up for yourself or your child. For the sake of focusing on the content restrictions best paired with Covenant Eyes, select “This is My iPad®/iPhone®. (If you select This is My Child’s iPad/iPhone, you’ll first be directed through setting up Downtime and App Limit restrictions.)
- You’ll be directed to the Screen Time settings. On this screen, select “Use Screen Time Passcode.”
- Then create a 4-digit passcode and enter it again for verification.
There are a few specific features we recommend taking a look at in Screen Time for a better experience with the Covenant Eyes app. We suggest disabling Safari, as well as the ability to install/delete apps.
Here's how to disable Safari:
- Within Screen Time, tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions.” (it may ask for your Screen Time passcode if you set one up)
- Now tap “Allowed Apps.”
- In the Allowed Apps menu, tap the switch to the right of Safari. This will disable Safari for this device.
Here are the steps to disable the ability to install/delete apps:
- Within Screen Time, select “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
- Now tap “iTunes & App Store Purchases.”
- Select “Installing Apps” and then select “Don’t Allow” to disable the ability to install apps. (We recommend the same setting for “Deleting Apps.”)