Before You Install Covenant Eyes
- Be sure you have a Covenant Eyes account. If you are not already a Covenant Eyes member, sign up now17!
- The Covenant Eyes app requires Android 6 or higher. (How do I find my operating system?101)
- Please disable the Blue Light filter app, or any other screen dimming apps, on your device. You will be able to turn it back on when installation is complete.
- Disable or uninstall any app locking software. This will prevent any unnecessary conflicts during the installation process.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Android
*As you probably know, each maker of an Android device can customize what they build. That means that some words and images shared in this tutorial, may appear differently on your phone. If you desire free assistance during the install process, please contact Member Care via chat or phone (989.720.8000).
The Covenant Eyes app can be found in Google Play62. Once you have found the app, hit “Install” to begin.
- Sign in using your Covenant Eyes username and password.
- After signing in you’ll need to enable Device Administrator privileges. This step allows us to prevent accidental removal of Covenant Eyes. Tap “Activate” to enable Device Administrator.
- Next, you will be asked to activate a VPN. Follow the prompts that will allow Covenant Eyes to use the VPN function. Some devices will also incorporate a “Connection request” pop-up, tap “Ok.” (For information about our VPN, consult What is a VPN? How does Covenant Eyes use them on mobile?52
- Next, you will be asked to turn on Usage Access. Tap “Allow Usage Access,” then find Covenant Eyes in the list of apps. Tap on Covenant Eyes, and press the toggle switch for “Allow Usage Tracking” to On.
- *Accessibility Required – this is a new step beginning with version 220.127.116.11
Setup should bring you to the Accessibility Required screen. To proceed you’ll press the green button in the lower right corner. Be aware that some Android phones will require two taps after our green arrow, and some require more (see example below), to get to the Accessibility toggle switch. It depends on how the manufacturer built Accessibility into their phone.
- On the Accessibility screen, tap the “Installed services” option. When you get to the Installed services page, you may have to scroll down to locate the Covenant Eyes tile. Once you see Covenant Eyes, tap it.
- Move the Accessibility toggle switch to the “On” position. The Android system may ask you to confirm your decision to allow Covenant Eyes to use Accessibility. Tap the “OK” button to continue.
- Finally, you will be presented with a screen titled Enable Screen Casting. This allows the Covenant Eyes app to capture screenshots. When you’re ready, press the green arrow. A confirmation message will appear. Select “Don’t show again” and then press “Start Now.”
- You will now see the Covenant Eyes for Android app menu. You have properly installed the Covenant Eyes application for Android!