Depending on the current operating system version (macOS®) on your Mac, the M201 error is resolved two different ways:
- If your Mac is running macOS® 10.12.0 or lower, uninstall Covenant Eyes, update your Mac’s operating system, and then reinstall Covenant Eyes.
- If your Mac is running macOS® 10.12.1 or higher, the error is more sophisticated. Please reach out to Member Care via chat47, email47, or phone.
Uninstall Covenant Eyes
- Open Finder (the blue and white face in the Dock49).
- Click on “Applications” to view all your apps. Then double-click to open the blue “Utilities” folder.
- In the Utilities folder, find and double-click the “Uninstall Covenant Eyes” icon. (In versions previous to 1.5.0, it will be in the Applications folder.)
- If you have an Uninstall Code, type it in and press the “Uninstall” button. If you don’t have an Uninstall Code, click “Get Code…” and then type in your Covenant Eyes username and password to generate one.
- You may get a pop-up from your Mac asking for your Mac Administrator password to confirm you want to uninstall Covenant Eyes. This is your computer password, not your password for Covenant Eyes. Enter it and click “OK” to finish uninstalling Covenant Eyes.
- To complete the uninstall, you will have to restart your Mac. Simply click the blue “Restart” button.
Update Your Mac’s Operating System
To update your Mac, follow Apple’s instructions38! Here’s a list of devices that should be able to update to macOS® 10.12.1:
- MacBook® (Late 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro® (Mid 2010 or newer)
- MacBook Air® (Late 2010 or newer)
- Mac mini® (Mid 2010 or newer)
- iMac® (Late 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro® (Mid 2010 or newer)
Reinstall Covenant Eyes
After you’ve updated your Mac’s operating system, download and reinstall Covenant Eyes80 on your Mac! Make sure to sign in to Covenant Eyes after it’s re-installed. The M201 error should not pop up anymore on your Mac.