There are other threads about this, but none of them are recent, so I thought I would revive this. On my phone Covenant Eyes works great, but on my desktop, my internet access slows down immediately when I install it, and speeds up immediately when I uninstall it. Note though, that a speed test doesn't reflect this. It just takes a lot longer to find a site and connect to it. Sometimes it will even time out. I'm using an ether-net 1 gigabyte connection to my local LAN and have a 500 mbs fibre optic connection to the internet. I want to use Covenant Eyes, but I find this very frustrating, since I have a home office, doing writing, and do a lot of research online.